I was at the airport the other day ordering a cup of coffee from one of the cafes and I saw these beautiful, green, pistachios muffins in the display case. I was tempted to buy one because I love pistachio muffins but instead I left it in the case and became inspired to whip up my own all-natural, paleo version.
I thought I’d have to test this recipe multiple times before I found something that tasted similar to the coffee-shop version but they turned out to be SO good the first time. They taste just like how I remember! Needless-to-say, I ate them all in 2 days. Looking forward to whipping these up again!Print
Orange Pistachio Muffins
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 TBSP roughly chopped pistachios
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup pistachio butter
- 1/4 cup honey, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- Juice of 1 orange (I used a navel orange)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare muffin tin. I used paper liners but these silicone liners are awesome!
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another medium/large bowl, whisk all wet ingredients until combined.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Spoon mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups (each one should be about 3/4 full). Top with chopped pistachios.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until a fork comes out clean.
- Let cool 10-12 minutes before serving.